Key Components for Annual Maintenance of Your HVAC System: A Guide From Martinsburg
Annual service checkups are an important component of your HVAC system’s ongoing operation in your Martinsburg home. Without these checkups, the system may not run properly when the hottest days of the summer are upon you. While there are some tasks you can perform yourself, most of the vital maintenance tasks need to be performed by a professional annually.
As you look for a contractor to perform your annual maintenance, make sure you find someone who will perform each of the most important tasks listed below for your system each year:
- Electrical Connections – These should be tightened, tested and replaced as necessary.
- Thermostat – A professional thermostat calibration ensures the system runs at the right temperature throughout the summer.
- Control Panel – The control panel is checked for error codes and recalibrated to ensure it continues running as intended for another year.
- Blower Parts – The fan and motor are checked and serviced as needed. Replacement parts are installed.
- Condenser Coils and Evaporator – Both are cleaned and checked for signs of wear. Any bent coils are repaired.
- Gas Connections – An inspection of your gas lines, if applicable, is made. Additionally, if you have electrical components, they will be checked for damage.
- Exchanger and Combustion Components – If you have a packaged system, these are checked for the entire system.
- Refrigerant Check – If you have a refrigerant filled air conditioning system, it will be checked to ensure levels are high enough for another summer.
- Air Filters – While you can do this yourself each month, a professional will check permanent and replaceable filters for wear and tear.
- Moving Parts – All moving parts are inspected, oiled, and checked for damage. If a part needs replacement it is done now to avoid future problems.
Good annual maintenance is necessary to keep your system running smoothly year round. While there are plenty of cleaning tasks you can perform each month, the most important tasks are those performed by your contractor.
If you are interested in learning more about how maintenance will be performed on your system, call your local contractor today.