Traditional vs. Tankless Water Heaters: Which is Right For You?
With winter just around the corner, a lot of people are thinking about their water heaters. After all, most households use more hot water in the winter months because they want to take warmer showers, etc. If you’re considering a new water heater, then a tankless one may be right for you.
A tankless water heater is one that heats the water as you need it, rather than storing hot water and keeping it warm and ready for use. Many households have found that these water heaters save money, simply because the heater is not continually heating water when it’s not being used.
Pros of a Tankless Water Heater
- Tankless water heaters save you money on energy cost.
- Tankless water heaters last up to 20 years.
- There is a reduced risk of flooding, because the water heater isn’t storing water.
- The temperature of your hot water is more consistent.
- Tankless water heaters take up less space than traditional ones.
Cons of a Tankless Water Heater
- Tankless water heaters cost more to install.
- Tankless water heaters can take a minute to heat your water, resulting in longer wait times for hot water.
Only you can decide which water heater is right for you and your family. If you’d like to go over the pros and cons and find out exactly how much money you might save on energy costs if you install one, our plumbers would be happy to talk it over with you. Call us today for your appointment!