5 Possible Causes of Uneven Heating – And How to Fix Them!
The official beginning of winter may still be a few days away, but the season clearly already has a firm grasp on the Hagerstown area. If you’re feeling the chill in some rooms more than others, there are a few potential causes.
If you’re dealing with uneven heating in your home, keep reading to learn more about some of the most common causes and how to solve them.
Common Causes of Uneven Heating
- Clogged Filters. If you aren’t replacing your HVAC filters according to your system manufacturer’s recommendations, a clogged filter could be causing your uneven heating problems. Dust and other pollutants restrict airflow and can prevent heated air from reaching all areas of your home. Check your filters regularly, and replace them as needed.
- Blocked Registers. Make sure the registers in your home are clear. Even if they look unobstructed, take a peek inside – especially if you have kids! Remove any obstructions, then wait an hour or so to see if that solved your problem.
- If you have a spot on your roof or at the top of a wall that leaks water during a rain storm, that area could also be leaking warm air. You could also have leaky air ducts that are allowing warm air to escape prior to reaching all the rooms of your home. Have your roof and ducts inspected by a professional. You may need to invest in air duct sealing or have your roof resealed or your attic insulated to keep warm air inside your home where it belongs.
- Defective Blower or Heat Pump. A defective heat pump or blower can prevent your heating system from circulating air throughout your home. Whether it’s just not working as it should or it’s stopped working completely, a broken blower or heat pump needs to be repaired or replaced immediately.
- Undersized Furnace. Uneven heating could be caused by something as simple as a heating system that isn’t properly sized for your home. Have a professional conduct an assessment to determine how large of a furnace you need, and replace your undersized heating system as soon as possible.
If you’re dealing with uneven heating, Larry & Sons can help. We offer a full range of heating services, and we can help you determine the cause of your problem and provide you with a solution that suits your needs as well as your budget.
At Larry & Sons, we believe that being cold and uncomfortable inside your own home is unacceptable! Contact us today for the heating services you need to stay warm and cozy this winter. Call 301-733-5428 now for heating repair.