5 Ways to Beat the Heat
According NASA, 2016 is on track to be the hottest year on record, and if recent temperatures are any indication, they’re definitely right. In the summertime, temperatures can soar and in some instances, they can be deadly.
It’s hard to believe that just eight short months ago we were dealing with a massive snowstorm!
Though the heat and humidity can be miserable, there are several things you can do to stay cool and beat the heat.
5 Ways to Stay Cool When Temperatures Soar
- Stay Hydrated. Drinking plenty of cold water is one of the best ways to stay cool. You lose a lot of water when you sweat, and if you’re dehydrated, you won’t be able to cool yourself down. Keep a bottle of cold water with you during the summer, and fill it up several times throughout the day.
- Close Your Windows and Blinds. Bright, sunny days are undoubtedly beautiful, but all that sun heats up rooms in a hurry. Draw your blinds to keep the room shaded, and close the windows – especially if you’re running your air conditioner.
- Run Your Fans. Hot air naturally rises, and cooler air falls. Running fans – including ceiling fans and the fan in your HVAC system – circulates the air to maintain a more consistent temperature throughout your home.
- Dress Light. Wear lightweight, loose-fitting clothing and light colors that reflect the sun.
- Crank Up the AC! Your best bet to stay cool on scorching hot summer days is running your air conditioner. However, it will only help if it’s running properly. We recommend having your cooling system inspected at least once each year to ensure that it’s running at peak efficiency and won’t leave you sweltering in the heat.
Staying Cool in Hagerstown
If you need help staying cool in Hagerstown, Larry & Sons can help. From annual AC maintenance to the best air conditioner repair in Hagerstown around, we do it all! For assistance from a trusted Hagerstown HVAC technician, give us a call at 301-733-5428 now.